Wednesday, March 9, 2011

DIY BABY Leg Warmers

I have been meaning to do this F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!!
DIY baby leg warmers....


Only I was frustrated with my pixie sewing machine and gave up for a while.
I was recently generously loaned a 'GREAT' sewing machine and lemme' tell you..

 I HAVE BEEN PRACTICING! :)

(that was the hint if you didn't get it :) I'm not very good :)

Wink wink! :))

So finally, the other day when I was at TARGET ( and a blog giveaway) I was re-inspired to try AGAIN!
And I am considering it a SUCCESS and it was soooo easy!
I sewed these guys, but I really think you could use no sew Glue.
I'll try again and let you know. This stuff is awesome for little things and it's like $2...

You will need:
  • A pair of knee high sock (mine were $1.04 at TARGET) these are for a Special BOY
  • scissors
  • sewing machine (thread)
  • pins
  • or the no sew glue, eliminating sewing

The grey leg warmer on the left from Children's place
Step 1:
Cut the socks at the heel in a straight line

Step 2:Turn Sock inside out and fold the cut edge up twice. (this will elimate the hem from rolling) and pin all the way around


3A. Sew the hem in a straight stitch (VERY SLOWLY, If you're like me :))

Back Stitch at the end!
3B. If you use the no sew glue, pin and glue the hem down as you make your way around the sock...the pins will help it stay closed as it dries...
(Be sure to follow directions on dry time so that you can have them last a long time :))


Voila!!


These fit on baby's legs promise!! :)
I WILL UPLOAD A  PICTURE  LATER ON THE FUTURE OWNER OF THESE :)

That's it, you got yourself a new pair of BABY LEGWarmers! Approx. $10 Cheaper! :)

JUST DO IT!!!! :)
oooh, I saw cute St. Patty's day socks at TARGET for this project but they were like $5 a pair...
At that point my cart was full of Little Helpers new spring wardrobe and I didn't wanna splurge...
Might go back, hey it's still a $6 savings and she can wear them next year TOO!! :)

P.S. I am gonna start making more boy stuff, sharin' the love you know :)

Linked at:
The Mother Huddle
DIY BY DESIGN (LOVE HER)
http://nightowlcrafting.blogspot.com/
linkparty
freckled laundry

2 comments:

  1. That's super cute. Thanks so much for sharing it at my Swing into Spring party. Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crocheted leg warmers are both useful and fun to make. You should end them at the bottom of the leg, and for them to fit snugly, you should take exact measurements of the ankle that you're making the leg warmer for so that they fit snugly and don't slip down.

    ReplyDelete